Caliber Collision Careers
Changing Lanes Auto Body Technician Career Skills Program - Ft. Bragg, Fayetteville, North Carolina
Caliber Collision is the largest, fastest-growing collision repair company in America. Right now, we're looking for highly talented, dedicated, and quality-focused teammates to help restore the rhythm of our customers' lives.
For Active or Recently Retired Military Personnel Only.Auto Body Technician Job Description
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete dis-assembly of vehicle in order to assist Service Advisor with preparing a 100% Repair Plan
- Ensure all needed repairs identified to eliminate supplements and minimize repair time
- Inspect and test drive repaired vehicles to check for compliance with safety and quality standards
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure an efficient and effective repair
Changing Lanes Program Entry & Employment Requirements
- Currently registered or recently completed your military Transition Assistance Program or Transition Readiness Program (active TAP or TRP participants will need unit level approval to join)
- Be willing to potentially relocate to a Caliber Collision Center with locations across the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under Caliber's insurance policy (Not an excluded driver)
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and must be able to walk, sit, bend, push/pull, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach or crawl frequently
- Regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts
- Regularly exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and/or caustic chemicals - requires use of a respirator
- Moderate noise levels in this working environment
- Occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet or humid conditions
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Heroes In High Gear, Changing Lanes Career Skills Program - Ft. Bragg Auto Body Technician
Training classes scheduled throughout the year at the Caliber Training Center in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
Career Skills Training Program Description
At Caliber, we're proud of our history of employing, supporting and giving back to the Military Service Members who have given so much for our country.
The Heroes In High Gear, Changing Lanes Career Skills Program for Transitioning Military Service Members is approved by the US Army for Military Service Members who are transitioning out of active duty and are seeking a promising full-time career opportunity in the rewarding collision repair industry. This no cost, free 18-week career skills program is designed to train for the fundamental skills needed to begin a successful as an Auto Body Technician.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- 18-week Auto Body Technician Training Program
- Intensive Hands-on training
- Training schedule Tuesday -- Friday
- (0700-1800 hours)
- Job placement opportunities available at hundreds of Caliber Collision Centers located across the country upon successful completion of the program. Relocation is required for most positions.
Caliber Collision didn’t get to be the nation’s largest collision repair company by accident. It’s taken an unyielding commitment to being the collision repair center of choice in every community we serve – a vision that began when our company was founded in 1997 and continues strong to this day. To achieve this, we’re not just part of the collision repair industry - we lead it. Not only by setting new standards in customer service, but also by implementing cutting edge technology at every turn. This is how we’ve built a company with more than 500 convenient, state-of-the-art repair centers and growing, and why hundreds of thousands of people entrust their vehicles to us every year. We are driven by our purpose – to restore our teammates and our teammates to the rhythm of their lives. A career at Caliber is not for everyone, but if you’ve got the drive, we’ve got your ride!
Posted Date: Sep 11, 2018
Requisition Number: R0030098
Position Type: Full-time