Caliber Collision is the largest, fastest-growing collision repair company in America. Right now, we're looking for highly talented, dedicated, and quality-focused teammates to help restore the rhythm of our customers' lives.
The Accounts Payable Manager will oversee the daily management of the Invoice Processing team. The Manager will be responsible for processes associated with purchase order invoices, non-PO invoices and employee expense reimbursements. The Accounts Payable Manager will work closely with the AP team to maintain acceptable service levels.
Essential Job Duties
- Manages accounts payables team that code expenses, verifies and process invoices and expense reports.
- Responsible for team’s performance management, goal setting and employee development and disciplinary action.
- Establish and maintain procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Maintain weekly/monthly team metrics to ensure compliance with service level agreements.
- Responsible for maintaining effective communication between both internal and external customers.
- Actively participate with interdepartmental teams to improve our Procure-to-Pay process.
- Ensures that invoices or other financial obligations are processed and paid in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the accounting staff to improve the close process as it relates to accounts payable.
- Ensures company policies and procedures are being adhered to as they pertain to accounts payable.
- Stay informed of industry trends in order to make recommendations for process improvements
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; or equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge and skills
- Minimum 8 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Minimum 4 years of supervisor experience
- Must possess strong people and time management skills
- Must have experience with automated workflow solutions and electronic invoice approval processes
- PO match system experience required
- Ability to apply company's policies, procedures, and practices
- Analytical thinking skills and ability to work in a fast pace environment
- ERP system implementation experience required
- Workday Financial experience preferred but not required
- Must have proven experience developing and implementing process improvements
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Have ability to contribute in a servant leadership environment
- Microsoft Excel-advance level
- Must have experience with Form 1099-Misc.
Caliber Collision didn’t get to be the nation’s largest collision repair company by accident. It’s taken an unyielding commitment to being the collision repair center of choice in every community we serve – a vision that began when our company was founded in 1997 and continues strong to this day. To achieve this, we’re not just part of the collision repair industry - we lead it. Not only by setting new standards in customer service, but also by implementing cutting edge technology at every turn. This is how we’ve built a company with more than 1,000 convenient, state-of-the-art repair centers and growing, and why hundreds of thousands of people entrust their vehicles to us every year. We are driven by our purpose – to restore you to the Rhythm of your Life. A career at Caliber is not for everyone, but if you’ve got the drive, we’ve got your ride!
Posted Date: Jan 30, 2020
Requisition Number: R0079679
Position Type: Full-time