Caliber Collision is the largest, fastest-growing collision repair company in America. Right now, we're looking for highly talented, dedicated, and quality-focused teammates to help restore the rhythm of our customers' lives.
Responsible for preparing all assigned vehicles for the refinishing and reassembly processes and support Paint Technicians in paint jobs as required
Essential Job Duties
- Complete all paint preparation processes for vehicles according to factory specification including the direction of the mentoring Paint Technician and by following the written repair order
- Assist Paint Technician in pre-op by preparing spray-out panels to determine blend needs and assists in sanding and buffing to ensure the paint finish meets quality standards.
- Actively participate in morning board meetings by knowing the status of assigned vehicles and assisting in problem solving to keep all vehicles on schedule for on-time delivery.
- Consistently participate in monthly safety meetings and utilizes all required safety equipment and follows proper refinishing procedures in compliance with OSHA guidelines.
- Adhere to all requirements for hazardous waste disposal.
- Follow vendor procedures to maintain all tools and equipment, including maintenance of paint booth and booth filters and maintains a clean and organized work space.
- Utilize air sanders, spray guns, sanding blocks, etc. in order to complete quality work
- Review estimate to ensure all operations listed have been completed and verify the panel/parts to be painted
- Cleaning, waxing, polishing and refurbishing vehicles
- Verify repaired areas are finished to Caliber standards
- Identify all areas of the repair that may require additional corrosion protection (Hidden welds, etc.)
- Always adhere to the “Principles of Downdraft Technology”
- Insure that all paint operations are complete, all masking is removed, and all prior paint-related disassembly has been reassembled prior to returning the vehicle to the body technician
- Comply with all Caliber safety rules, guidelines and standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- HS diploma or GED. Auto Body Vo-Tech certificate strongly preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under Caliber’s insurance policy. (Not an excluded driver)
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Ability to read and understand basic instructions, written estimates and work orders
- Multi-tasking; adapts easily to fast-paced environment
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Position is based in a normal shop environment. Frequent physical activity such as kneeling, bending, squatting, stooping, lifting above shoulders. Repetitive tasks involving hand and arm motion and lifting objects over 50 lbs. Must be able to push/pull parts carts and cars with assistance. Exposure to fumes, chemicals, dust, along with high levels of noise. Required to wear protective equipment. Must have manual dexterity to operate equipment. Subject to weather conditions both inside and outside.
Caliber Collision didn’t get to be the nation’s largest collision repair company by accident. It’s taken an unyielding commitment to being the collision repair center of choice in every community we serve – a vision that began when our company was founded in 1997 and continues strong to this day. To achieve this, we’re not just part of the collision repair industry - we lead it. Not only by setting new standards in customer service, but also by implementing cutting edge technology at every turn. This is how we’ve built a company with more than 1,000 convenient, state-of-the-art repair centers and growing, and why hundreds of thousands of people entrust their vehicles to us every year. We are driven by our purpose – to restore you to the Rhythm of your Life. A career at Caliber is not for everyone, but if you’ve got the drive, we’ve got your ride!
Posted Date: Jan 28, 2020
Requisition Number: R0074785
Position Type: Full-time