Caliber Collision is the largest, fastest-growing collision repair company in America. Right now, we're looking for highly talented, dedicated, and quality-focused teammates to help restore the rhythm of our customers' lives.
Under supervision, the Environmental Specialist performs scientific and professional level office and field work to ensure company compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
Examples of Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of hazardous waste stream determinations and hazardous waste control law requirements (state and federal)
- Familiarity with waste streams generated in the collision industry
- Principles of environmental compliance assurance
- Principles of environmental sciences
- Principles of chemistry and chemical reactions
- Effects of waste material on water quality and land quality and the interactions of waste with the environment
- Laws, codes, regulations, and policies affecting company operations and programs
- Principles, practices and techniques of customer service
- Communicate, verbally and in writing, scientific and technical terminology into terms understandable to company employees
- Locate, research, interpret, and apply environmental laws and regulations
- Work independently within established guidelines, prioritize and coordinate activities, and meet critical deadlines
- Perform work assignments related to internal inspections and compliance
- Work cooperatively with others; build and maintain constructive relationships with those encountered during course of work; respond effectively and tactfully
- Use sound judgment and personal initiative to accomplish assignments
- Use appropriate interpersonal style and approach to ensure team cohesiveness and cooperation
- Conduct internal inspections for compliance with company hazardous waste management procedures
- Collaborate with regulatory agencies to stay informed on compliance requirements at a federal, state, district, county, and municipal level
- Attend training classes, seminars, and workshops put on by relevant regulatory agencies to stay informed on future regulatory changes and disseminate that information to the appropriate operations personnel
- Participate and walk through any facility that has a scheduled inspection with an environmental regulatory agency
- Communicate with all environmental inspectors to ensure all violations are promptly corrected and submit the written response with documentation to close out the inspection with the agency
- Ensure new facilities are trained and on-boarded with standard operating procedures for waste handling immediately after opening
- Assist employees to resolve environmental issues identified by environmental consultants during routine quarterly inspections
- Assist employees to provide various documentation for filing of annual emission inventory reports and hazardous material business plans
Graduation from an accredited college or university with major in environmental science, natural science, physical science, or a related field.
Two or more years of professional experience in environmental regulation, or analysis performing duties and responsibilities.
License Requirement: A valid California Driver License, Class C or higher is required.
- Ability to stoop and kneel to conduct inspections, and inspect equipment
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time ranging from local to weeklong out-of-state trips
Caliber Collision didn’t get to be the nation’s largest collision repair company by accident. It’s taken an unyielding commitment to being the collision repair center of choice in every community we serve – a vision that began when our company was founded in 1997 and continues strong to this day. To achieve this, we’re not just part of the collision repair industry - we lead it. Not only by setting new standards in customer service, but also by implementing cutting edge technology at every turn. This is how we’ve built a company with more than 1,000 convenient, state-of-the-art repair centers and growing, and why hundreds of thousands of people entrust their vehicles to us every year. We are driven by our purpose – to restore you to the Rhythm of your Life. A career at Caliber is not for everyone, but if you’ve got the drive, we’ve got your ride!
Posted Date: Jan 13, 2020
Requisition Number: R0076318
Position Type: Full-time