Caliber Collision is the largest, fastest-growing collision repair company in America. Right now, we're looking for highly talented, dedicated, and quality-focused teammates to help restore the rhythm of our customers' lives.
The ACES Body Technician Apprentice Program is intensive hands – on training with an experienced Body Technician Mentor repairing damaged vehicles to pre-accident condition, while learning Caliber’s operational excellence processes. Learn to repair vehicles thoroughly, safely, and profitably in a manner consistent with Caliber S.O.P., insurance partner, OEM, and industry guidelines/standards.
Essential Job Duties
- Learning proper repair procedures to restore damaged vehicles to their original structural integrity, function, and appearance.
- Assist Technician with vehicle teardowns and repairs and reassembly as assigned
- Learn to identify all needed repairs to eliminate supplements and minimize repair time
- Restore corrosive protection and cavity wax as required
- Learn to complete QC sheet for every vehicle as applicable
- Comply with all Caliber safety rules, guidelines and standards
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure an efficient and effective repair
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under Caliber’s insurance policy (Not an excluded driver)
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check
- Prefer Previous collision experience and/or Collision Vo-Tech certification
- Comply with all safety requirements, respirator safety, and fitment/usage. Maintain compliance to pass required safety mask fit test
- Ability to operate measuring systems
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Ability to read and understand instructions, written estimates and work orders
- Multi-tasking; adapts easily to fast-paced environment
- Must have strong attention to detail and solid mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to interact respectfully and professionally with mentor, customers and repair center team.
- Must be willing to take instruction and work direction from multiple parties and work as part of a team.
- Demonstrate commitment to continued learning by participation in Caliber/industry-required training.
- Personable, friendly demeanor with “World Class” customer service approach to internal and external customers
- Maintain a well-groomed appearance
Position is based in a normal shop environment. Occasional physical activity such as reaching below and above shoulder level, kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping to inspect repairs, and lifting and carrying objects over 50lbs. Exposure to fumes, chemicals, dust, along with high levels of noise. Subject to weather conditions both inside and outside. Required to wear protective equipment when necessary. Occasional sedentary work. Must have visual acuity to determine the accuracy and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Caliber Collision didn’t get to be the nation’s largest collision repair company by accident. It’s taken an unyielding commitment to being the collision repair center of choice in every community we serve – a vision that began when our company was founded in 1997 and continues strong to this day. To achieve this, we’re not just part of the collision repair industry - we lead it. Not only by setting new standards in customer service, but also by implementing cutting edge technology at every turn. This is how we’ve built a company with more than 1,000 convenient, state-of-the-art repair centers and growing, and why hundreds of thousands of people entrust their vehicles to us every year. We are driven by our purpose – to restore you to the Rhythm of your Life. A career at Caliber is not for everyone, but if you’ve got the drive, we’ve got your ride!
Posted Date: Jan 8, 2020
Requisition Number: R0077461
Position Type: Full-time