Caliber Collision is the largest, fastest-growing collision repair company in America. Right now, we're looking for highly talented, dedicated, and quality-focused teammates to help restore the rhythm of our customers' lives.
- Job Summary
The Aces Technical Training specialist is responsible for developing and training auto body collision repair to the Caliber Aces Apprentices. The training is designed to provide the students with the ability to work in the capacity of a C Level tech by the time the program course is completed.
Essential Job Duties
- Delivers instruction and training covering a wide range of vehicles collision repair to apprentices in the Caliber Aces Program.
- Designs and develops auto body collision course curriculum content targeted for Caliber Aces Apprentices.
- Monitors the work of newly trained apprentices and provides retraining and coaching as needed
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of personal protection equipment per Caliber safely policies and require any and all students to maintain all PPE policies while in the lab/ work area
- Perform weekly inspections on all safety equipment and repair or replace when necessary
- Leads daily production meeting to ensure that repairs are being performed accurately and timely according to Caliber guidelines
- Dispatches all work assignments to apprentices according to specific level of training and abilities
- Provides daily supervision and direction to all students during training
- Frequently inspects work in process to ensure that the quality meets Caliber standards
- Maintains training records for the purpose of reporting student progress to any College affiliation and Military requirements
- Provide weekly updates of all apprentices skill progress to the Director over curriculum
- Preparation and ordering of any class materials
- Communicate clearly with the Caliber Aces Director on ALL student drops
- Perform Phase testing at proper intervals along with developing coaching plans and counseling students in jeopardy of failing that phase
- Follow course curriculum without deviation or altering materials
- Teaches ICAR courses to Caliber Aces Apprentices as well as current Caliber teammates when necessary
- Perform other related duties to ensure an efficient effective repair
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
Must be Proficient with the Caliber Owner’s Manual for internal transfer or within 4 months of new hire
Must have at least 5 years’ prior experience as a level A (Master) body technician for phase-3 Instructor position
Must have at least 2 years’ industry experience for phase-1 or phase -2 Instructor positions
Must have completed the Changing lanes program as a top performer for consideration as Assistant Instructor
Must be able to complete the necessary work to be a certified ICAR instructor within 6 months in this new role
Must be able to perform work under minimal supervision
Ability to handle complex opportunities and refers only the most complex issues to higher level staff
Ability to assess training needs and objectives
Strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of personalities and collaborative with others
Caliber Collision didn’t get to be the nation’s largest collision repair company by accident. It’s taken an unyielding commitment to being the collision repair center of choice in every community we serve – a vision that began when our company was founded in 1997 and continues strong to this day. To achieve this, we’re not just part of the collision repair industry - we lead it. Not only by setting new standards in customer service, but also by implementing cutting edge technology at every turn. This is how we’ve built a company with more than 1,000 convenient, state-of-the-art repair centers and growing, and why hundreds of thousands of people entrust their vehicles to us every year. We are driven by our purpose – to restore you to the Rhythm of your Life. A career at Caliber is not for everyone, but if you’ve got the drive, we’ve got your ride!
Posted Date: Dec 23, 2019
Requisition Number: R0076101
Position Type: Full-time