Caliber Collision is the largest, fastest-growing collision repair company in America. Right now, we're looking for highly talented, dedicated, and quality-focused teammates to help restore the rhythm of our customers' lives.
Responsible for overseeing the repair center in the GM’s absence and coordinating/working as a team, with the GM for overall center safety, financial performance, insurance compliance, and customer satisfaction as measured by CSI metrics.
Essential Job Duties
- Directs and leads the production team to ensure operational metrics and financial objectives are achieved. Assists the GM in daily operations of the center and fulfills the GM role in their absence.
- Responsible for directly managing several direct reports providing day-to-day work direction, and overall coaching, mentoring, performance management and development of direct reports.
- Monitor CSM performance through reporting and coaches/mentors improvement.
- Monitor work quality and provide day-to-day feedback and coaching to technician staff.
- Participate in technicians’ performance reviews, provides input into hiring decisions and keeps General Manager apprised of staff performance levels and issues.
- Present proposals for material and equipment needs to General Manager and/or District Manager.
- Oversees and/or perform quality control checks before and after the vehicle is painted and serves as a backup for performing final quality control checks before delivery of vehicle owner.
- Prepares audits on estimates to ensure accuracy and compliance with Company and Client guidelines
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Company’s Vision, Mission and Values in all interactions with associates, customers, clients and vendors
- Comply with all Caliber safety rules, guidelines, standards. Create a culture of safety through good housekeeping and PPE usage.
- Assists with payroll and HR-related activities for all center associates.
- May lead Team Engagement meetings, update safety logs and assures that the center is safety compliant
- Responsible for overall management of the repair center in the General Manager’s absence and may coordinate training for technicians and administrative staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- HS or GED; Post-secondary education in collision repair preferred
- Typically has a minimum 6-8 years of experience of auto repair industry experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be eligible for coverage under Caliber’s insurance policy (Not an excluded driver)
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check
- Advance understanding and knowledge of the repair process/procedures
- Strong analytical and coordination capabilities; capable of effectively prioritizing and multi-tasking.
- Highly-effective leadership skills including excellent communication skills and the ability to delegate and empower employees.
- Personable, friendly demeanor with a “World Class” customer service approach to internal and external customers
- Maintains a well-groomed, professional appearance
Position is based in a normal shop environment. Occasional physical activity such as reaching below and above shoulder level, kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping to inspect repairs, and lifting and carrying objects over 50lbs. Exposure to fumes, chemicals, dust, along with high levels of noise. Subject to weather conditions both inside and outside. Required to wear protective equipment when necessary. Occasional sedentary work. Must have visual acuity to determine the accuracy and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Caliber Collision didn’t get to be the nation’s largest collision repair company by accident. It’s taken an unyielding commitment to being the collision repair center of choice in every community we serve – a vision that began when our company was founded in 1997 and continues strong to this day. To achieve this, we’re not just part of the collision repair industry - we lead it. Not only by setting new standards in customer service, but also by implementing cutting edge technology at every turn. This is how we’ve built a company with more than 1,000 convenient, state-of-the-art repair centers and growing, and why hundreds of thousands of people entrust their vehicles to us every year. We are driven by our purpose – to restore you to the Rhythm of your Life. A career at Caliber is not for everyone, but if you’ve got the drive, we’ve got your ride!
Posted Date: Nov 8, 2019
Requisition Number: R0072907
Position Type: Full-time