Protech Automotive Solutions is looking for highly talented, dedicated and quality-focused teammates to provide top tier service to our customers.
The Technical Training Coordinator will be responsible for developing training solutions that are engaging, fun, and most importantly build capable Calibration and Mobile Technicians. They will ensure that the technicians receive accurate and effective training.
Essential Job duties
- Maintain and ensure existing training courses are revised and improved, based on recommendations and changes in technology.
- Design and develop new training content, modules, and tests, and implement into training program
- Research and stay ahead of automotive technology and identify new training curriculum as needed
- Ensure accurate and effective training for all technician teammates
- Deliver instruction/training covering a wide range of vehicle diagnostic repairs and calibrations
- Train on company SOP, processes, and management systems
- Coach technicians on customer service and how to properly communicate with customers
- Maintain interest in current and future industry trends
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of personal protections equipment per Protech safety policies and require all students to maintain all PPE policies while in the lab/work area
- Provide updates of all trainees’ skill level progress to Operations throughout training program
- Perform phase testing at proper intervals along with developing coaching plans and counseling trainees in jeopardy of failing phases
- Provide technical assistance and support to other training coordinators and student as needed
- Verify all trainees know how to update and maintain all factory tools and software as well as following up on any training for new software
- Determine training strategy and select appropriate methods and media to be used
- Assist with Technician candidate interviews
- Ensure clear, consistent training content for all training programs
- Research alternative learning delivery methods such as computer-based and webinar training programs. Make recommendations on cost efficient program training
- Deliver “train the trainer” programs for department and job specific trainers as identified throughout the organization as needed
- Establishes company culture and core values within team
- This position will require 80-90% travel around the country training continuing education along with other aspects of ADAS.
- Must have at least 5 years prior experience as a Level A Technician
- Must have at least 2 years industry experience for phase 1 or phase 2 instructor positions
- Must have strong estimating skills
Protech Automotive Solutions, has been in business for over 20 years handling multiple types of repairs, from hands on mechanical repair and replacement of suspension, drive modules and frames, to diagnostic opportunities that require advanced knowledge of complicated computerized vehicle control systems. We also handle soft touch repair and replacement of delicate vehicle interior trim components.
At Protech, we enjoy a fast paced work environment with challenging advanced skill development. We supply our team with the latest computerized diagnostic equipment, factory diagnostic and programming software components and tools.
Our benefits are some of the best in the industry. Mobile technicians are provided with a company vehicle, cell phone, and laptop, while all employees receive 401K and health care packages that rival some of the largest automotive related companies in the US. At Protech we take what we do seriously, but provide a family atmosphere and have a good time.
Consider joining our team as we work through some of the most ground breaking technology in automotive history.
Posted Date: Oct 21, 2019
Requisition Number: R0071320
Position Type: Full-time