Caliber Collision is the largest, fastest-growing collision repair company in America. Right now, we're looking for highly talented, dedicated, and quality-focused teammates to help restore the rhythm of our customers' lives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to write press releases, speeches and other PR copy
- Must be able to manage media relations and requests as needed
- Support the implementation of promotional plans
- Responsible for supporting all community involvement events and internal/external events
- Responsible for supporting the Crisis Management Team
- Ensure brand standards are defined, enforced, and optimized
- Produce reports for leadership detailing key performance indicator/metrics
- Ensure strong communication across business units, teammates, customers, and partners using a variety of communication tools.
- Assists with tracking of media-related activities
- Ability to independently manage day to day activities and projects.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others
Qualifications – Requirements / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Public Relations/Communications preferred, or related field mandatory.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of PR experience required
- Minimum orf 2 to 3 years well-rounded and hands-on experience in corporate marketing, preferably in retail services and/or automotive services.
- Experience with both Business-to-Business, and Business-to-Consumer marketing preferred.
- Early to solid analytical, business planning, financial, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with creative marketing ideas, project development and implementation, and operational metrics is highly preferred.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Exercise high judgement, particularly in narrow timeframes
- Think and communicate clearly – the ability to formulate a clear point of view and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it
- Strong cross functional collaborator
- Strong attention to detail
- Retail experience required
- Must be highly organized, proactive, detail and deadline oriented, with ability to concurrently handle multiple priorities while providing a high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Expertise with computer systems and software, including MS office, internet and social media applications, content creation software such as Adobe Creative Suite desired.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Must be at least 18 years of age; and have a valid driver’s license to be eligible for coverage under Caliber’s insurance policy (Not an excluded driver).
Caliber Collision didn’t get to be the nation’s largest collision repair company by accident. It’s taken an unyielding commitment to being the collision repair center of choice in every community we serve – a vision that began when our company was founded in 1997 and continues strong to this day. To achieve this, we’re not just part of the collision repair industry - we lead it. Not only by setting new standards in customer service, but also by implementing cutting edge technology at every turn. This is how we’ve built a company with more than 1,000 convenient, state-of-the-art repair centers and growing, and why hundreds of thousands of people entrust their vehicles to us every year. We are driven by our purpose – to restore you to the Rhythm of your Life. A career at Caliber is not for everyone, but if you’ve got the drive, we’ve got your ride!
Posted Date: Oct 10, 2019
Requisition Number: R0069648
Position Type: Full-time