Caliber Collision Careers
Caliber Collision is the largest, fastest-growing collision repair company in America. Right now, we're looking for highly talented, dedicated, and quality-focused teammates to help restore the rhythm of our customers' lives.
Responsible for contribution, execution and on-going management of the Corporate Supply Chain and Procurement Strategy.
Essential Job Duties
- Manage all related procurement functions including, but not limited to, vendor negotiations and contract management, supplier performance management, program management, product evaluations and standardization of purchasing policies.
- Create category management plans for indirect categories.
- Utilize spend management data reports to drive value within the distribution system.
- Execute disciplined price audits that ensure that contracted deviated prices are appropriately invoiced through distribution networks.
- Develop and leverage best class practices in sourcing of supply chain partners (distributors and manufacturers).
- Manage vendor and item compliance reporting that documents vendor contracts for service, quality, deviated pricing, and the collection of rebates and allowances.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives that support and influence alignment with the organization’s sustainability mission/goals.
- Partner with and support both internal and external stakeholders to develop strategies and tactics that achieve stated goals while maintaining Caliber’s standards and financial requirements. Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; or equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge and skills
- Minimum 4 years of experience in procurement function
- Tenured negotiation skills and RFP management. Strong knowledge of related industry operating costs, procurement methods, and pricing practices.
- Good working knowledge of industry-standard analytical tools and processes.
- Respects a thoughtful, structured approach in planning and decision making while demonstrating an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Seeks to understand the customer experience; approaches business decisions from the perspective of the customer.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic, flexible, team player with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills.
Caliber Collision didn’t get to be the nation’s largest collision repair company by accident. It’s taken an unyielding commitment to being the collision repair center of choice in every community we serve – a vision that began when our company was founded in 1997 and continues strong to this day. To achieve this, we’re not just part of the collision repair industry - we lead it. Not only by setting new standards in customer service, but also by implementing cutting edge technology at every turn. This is how we’ve built a company with more than 500 convenient, state-of-the-art repair centers and growing, and why hundreds of thousands of people entrust their vehicles to us every year. We are driven by our purpose – to restore our teammates and our teammates to the rhythm of their lives. A career at Caliber is not for everyone, but if you’ve got the drive, we’ve got your ride!
Posted Date: Mar 14, 2019
Requisition Number: R0052288
Position Type: Full-time