Caliber Collision Careers
Caliber Collision is the largest, fastest-growing collision repair company in America. Right now, we're looking for highly talented, dedicated, and quality-focused teammates to help restore the rhythm of our customers' lives.
Act as liaison between business users and IT organization in support of applications and process improvements
Essential Job Duties
- Interpret and functionally design integration solutions between various systems.
- Assist in the acquisition and merger process to include data conversions and process re-engineering.
- Work directly with developers in troubleshooting application issues to find root cause analysis.
- Research current environment, analyze information, and provide sound solutions to complex business issues.
- Develop business requirements for resolving issues, new enhancements, and new applications.
- Continually analyze existing applications and business processes to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide support to business owners and users regarding business applications and processes.
- Work with business owners and users to create functional requirements.
- Document business processes.
- Act as a point of contact for business and technical support.
- Develop and maintain documentation for current applications and user manuals.
- Participate as a liaison between the business user community and the IT Organization.
- Contact point for systems and services that are outsourced to a third-party developer or maintenance organization.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems or related field; or equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge and skills
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of experience with enterprise systems in a role as a functional business analyst
- Report development using the Microsoft Business Intelligence tools
- Project Management Certification a plus.
- Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information.
- Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say.
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Facilitation skills, to lead requirements workshops.
- Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas of opportunity.
- Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers.
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information.
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders.
- MS Office, Project, & Visio skills required
Caliber Collision didn’t get to be the nation’s largest collision repair company by accident. It’s taken an unyielding commitment to being the collision repair center of choice in every community we serve – a vision that began when our company was founded in 1997 and continues strong to this day. To achieve this, we’re not just part of the collision repair industry - we lead it. Not only by setting new standards in customer service, but also by implementing cutting edge technology at every turn. This is how we’ve built a company with more than 500 convenient, state-of-the-art repair centers and growing, and why hundreds of thousands of people entrust their vehicles to us every year. We are driven by our purpose – to restore our teammates and our teammates to the rhythm of their lives. A career at Caliber is not for everyone, but if you’ve got the drive, we’ve got your ride!
Posted Date: Dec 27, 2018
Requisition Number: R0045860
Position Type: Full-time