Caliber Collision Careers
Auto Body Technician
Caliber Collision is the largest, fastest-growing collision repair company in America. Right now, we're looking for highly talented, dedicated, and quality-focused teammates to help restore the rhythm of our customers' lives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete disassembly of vehicle in order to assist Service Advisor with preparing a 100% Repair Plan
- Ensure all needed repairs identified to eliminate supplements and minimize repair time
- Plan work procedure: follow work order for all operations listed
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window and seat operating equipment and trim to gain access to damaged area of vehicle if needed. Store parts on carts or cover to eliminate potential damage
- Mend damaged body and fenders by hammering out or filling in dents and welding broken parts; insure all gaps and fits are to industry standards
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools (e.g. welder, soldering equipment, cutting torch, blocks, hammers, wrenches, sander, spray guns, etc.)
- Fill depressions with body filler
- Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills; and bolts or welds replacement parts in position and reassemble after parts are painted; insure all gaps and fills are to industry standards
- File, grind, and sand repaired surfaces with 120-grit paper before turning vehicle over to the Paint Dept.
- Aim headlamps and repair or replace defective parts
- Inspect and test drive repaired vehicles to check for compliance with safety and quality standards
- Assist Service Advisors in assessing damage to vehicles prior to repair
- Comply with all Caliber safety rules, guidelines and standards
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure an efficient and effective repair
Caliber Collision didn’t get to be the nation’s largest collision repair company by accident. It’s taken an unyielding commitment to being the collision repair center of choice in every community we serve – a vision that began when our company was founded in 1997 and continues strong to this day. To achieve this, we’re not just part of the collision repair industry - we lead it. Not only by setting new standards in customer service, but also by implementing cutting edge technology at every turn. This is how we’ve built a company with more than 500 convenient, state-of-the-art repair centers and growing, and why hundreds of thousands of people entrust their vehicles to us every year. We are driven by our purpose – to restore our teammates and our teammates to the rhythm of their lives. A career at Caliber is not for everyone, but if you’ve got the drive, we’ve got your ride!
Posted Date: Oct 17, 2018
Requisition Number: R0043628
Position Type: Full-time