The ACES Auto Glass Technician-In Training is an entry-level role for individuals starting a career in the Auto Glass Repair and Replacement. The Glass Technician In-Training will be working hands-on with a Trainer/Mentor while being responsible for repairing or replacing all assigned windshields or other automotive glass according to the written repair order and Abra processes. Position will be required to prepare for and demonstrate tasks, and pass assigned tests and certifications.
- Review work orders and corresponding notes to complete repair or replacement according to the documentation on the work order.
- Complete a parts review for accuracy prior to beginning repair and notify the Glass Contact Center, Dispatch or your General Manager of any incorrect or damaged parts.
- Inspect vehicle with customer to identify the proper vehicle is on the work order. Identify any possible problems on vehicle such as rust and/or vehicle damage that may affect the windshield installation. Disclose problems to the customer, document and take pictures of all problems or vehicle conditions on work order.
- Perform all repair procedures according to vehicle manufacturer specifications and/or company policy.
- Follow proper safety guidelines when working with hazardous materials.
- Use all adhesives and their primers in accordance with the adhesive manufacturer guidelines and/or company policy.
- Complete assembly of vehicle-to-vehicle manufacturer specifications and company policies.
- Clean vehicle of all debris and/or glass that may be a result of the glass being damaged by impact and/or repair process; including any excess materials on visible surfaces.
- Perform a final inspection with the customer and get customer’s signature on all paperwork if possible.
- Complete all assigned paperwork as required including notes on moldings used or not used.
- Comply with all Abra Auto Body of America safety procedures and guidelines.
- Follow all recommended procedures for care and maintenance of all equipment.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area. This may be either a mobile van or a repair center environment.
- Perform other duties as required to successfully meet the needs of the business.
No experience required. Preference for individuals who have a demonstrated strong work ethic and mechanical aptitude.
High school diploma or GED
POSITION REQUIREMENTS / OTHER:
- Must be 18 years old by the start of the program.
- Must have strong attention to detail and solid mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to interact respectfully and professionally with mentor, customers and repair center team.
- Must be willing to take instruction and work direction from multiple parties and work as part of a team.
- Must maintain a valid state driver’s license in order to drive any customer or company vehicle.
- Demonstrate commitment to continued learning by participation in Abra/industry-required training.
Posted Date: 8/2/2019 10:22:00 AM
Requisition Number: 2019-14442
Position Type: Full Time