The Body Technician Lvl C is an entry-level technician role and is responsible for performing basic level repairs to all assigned vehicles. They will perform these repairs while following the written repair order and the company’s internal standard operating procedures, and following repair procedures provided by manufacturers. Responsible for delivering on the company’s promise of speed, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for following Industry and company approved repair procedures to restore damaged vehicles with:
- Minor (0-3 hour) dents
- Remove/Replace bolt-on parts
- Plastic repair through adhesive or plastic welding processes
- Replace corrosion protection
- Apply seam sealer to match OEM function and appearance
- As needed, utilizes the technical information sheet attached to the work order for all repair work
- Actively identifies opportunities to repair, rather than replace, damaged parts
- Actively participate in the repair center’s meetings to relate status of assigned vehicles and prioritize work efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Actively participates with various shop staff in problem-solving conversations to assist in keep vehicles on schedule for on-time delivery.
- Actively participates in KPA hazardous waste and safety compliance training.
- Actively participates in maintaining I-CAR required training classes.
- Consistently follows the company’s quality control processes and contributes to meeting the return rate target.
- Consistently utilizes all required safety equipment, adheres to all requirements for hazardous waste disposal and participates in monthly safety meetings.
- Keep personal work area organized and returns tools, materials and equipment to designated areas.
- Performs other duties as required to successfully meet the needs of the business.
A minimum of 1 year previous work experience in collision or automotive mechanical work preferred
High School Diploma, Auto Body Vo-Tech certification preferred. Any additional certifications or technical school attendance a plus.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS / OTHER:
- Must maintain a valid state driver’s license in order to drive any customer or company vehicle.
- Knowledge of manufacturers’ repair processes & adherence to the company’s technical repair processes.
- Demonstrated commitment to continued learning by ongoing participation in I-CAR Pro-Level training and other company or industry-required training.
- Predictable and reliable attendance required. Predictable and reliable attendance required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
Position is based in a normal shop environment. Frequent physical activity such as kneeling, bending, squatting, stooping, lifting above shoulders. Repetitive tasks involving hand and arm motion and lifting objects over 50 lbs. Exposure to fumes,
Posted Date: 5/16/2019 11:55:00 AM
Requisition Number: 2019-14022
Position Type: Full Time