Grow with Abra! Come join an industry leader well on its way to being a nationwide billion dollar company. Abra Auto Body of America values developing our talent to help you reach your career goals! We use an operational excellence philosophy in partnership with many of the premier insurance companies. Reap the rewards of working with America’s Most Recommended Collision Brand.
The Auto Body Estimator is responsible for ensuring that all vehicles have a solid repair plan completed prior to entering production. An extensive assessment of the vehicle damage must be made to create a complete and accurate repair plan, identify all necessary parts up front, and eliminate the need for supplements.
- Ensures that an extensive pre-op process is completed on every vehicle to create a complete and accurate repair plan and eliminate supplements. Makes decisions regarding sublet repair processing as needed and coordinates the timing of sublet work to keep overall cycle time as low as possible.
- Works closely with the General Manager to create the daily production plan including the movement of vehicles between departments. Adjusts the plan as needed throughout the day.
- Using knowledge of each staff member’s skills, experience and capabilities, appropriately assigns vehicles to technicians. Meets with each technician daily to discuss work assignments and schedules.
- Monitors work quality and provides day-to-day feedback and coaching to technician staff. Provides input for hiring needs. Keeps General Manager apprised of performance levels and issues involving technicians.
- Responsible for ensuring that all repairs are completed right the first time, in adherence with Abra’s quality standards. Performs QC checks before vehicle is painted, after paint, and serves as a back-up for performing final QC checks before delivery to vehicle owner.
- Thorough knowledge of collision repair processes gained through a minimum of four years of hands-on industry experience.
- Currently obatins PA Appraisal license.
- At least four years of experience using CCC One for estimate writing.
- Ability and willingness to work in a structured, multi-unit environment and adhere to standard operating procedures and processes.
- Able to make independent decisions on repair process, parts and timing.
- Demonstrated commitment to continued learning by participating in Abra/industry-required training.
- Must maintain a valid state driver’s license in order to drive any customer or company vehicle.
- Predictable and reliable attendance required.
Founded in 1984 in Minnesota, Abra’s dynamic market presence gives its employees an opportunity to grow their careers! As an Abra employee you will receive competitive pay plus a full benefits package including 401K!! The first step to growing your career with Abra is to connect with an Abra recruiter today!
Right the First Time...On Time. ™
Posted Date: 5/14/2019 8:25:00 AM
Requisition Number: 2019-13578
Position Type: Full Time