Grow with Abra! Come join an industry leader well on its way to being a nationwide billion dollar company. Abra Auto Body Repair of America values developing our talent to help you reach your career goals! We use an operational excellence philosophy in partnership with many of the premier insurance companies. Reap the rewards of working with America’s Most Recommended Collision Brand.
The Paint Prepper is responsible for preparing all assigned vehicles for the refinishing and reassembly processes, following the written repair order and Abra’s operational excellence processes.
- Pre-Op & Repair Planning: Thoroughly reviews each repair order prior to beginning work on vehicle. May assist Painter in pre-op by preparing spray-out panels to determine blend needs.
- Vehicle Repair: Completes all paint preparation processes for vehicles according to factory specification and Abra policies. After vehicle is painted the Prepper may wet sand/buff to ensure the paint finish meets quality standards. May prime, edge or jam replacement parts. Contributes to maintaining acceptable cost per paint labor hour.
- Team Engagement & Problem Solving: Is an active and prepared participant in morning board meetings. Knows status of assigned vehicles and helps problem-solve on getting and keeping all vehicles on schedule for on-time delivery.
- Organized & Safe Workplace: Consistently utilizes all required safety equipment and follows proper refinishing procedures in compliance with OSHA guidelines. Adheres to all requirements for hazardous waste disposal. Participates in monthly safety meetings and utilizes information on the job. Follows vendor procedures to maintain all tools and equipment, including maintenance of paint booth and booth filters. Maintains a clean and organized work space.
- Auto Body Vo-Tech certificate preferred
- Knowledge of manufacturers’ repair/refinishing processes & adherence to Abra's processes
- Ability to use selected vendor materials and general supplies efficiently and cost effectively.
- Demonstrated commitment to continued learning by attending Abra/industry-required training.
- Must maintain a valid state drivers license in order to drive any customer or company vehicle.
- Predictable and reliable attendance required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Periodic lifting and carrying objects over 50 pounds.
- Reaching above and below shoulder level.
- Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping to complete or inspect repairs.
- Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination to operate equipment.
- May be exposed to repetitive tasks involving hand and arm motion.
- May be required to inspect vehicles outdoors in inclement weather.
- Visual acuity for color matching.
- May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, high levels of dust and noise in repair center. Must be able to wear protective equipment, including respirator.
Founded in 1984 in Minnesota, Abra’s dynamic market presence gives its employees an opportunity to grow their careers! As an Abra employee you will receive competitive pay plus a full benefits package including 401K!! The first step to growing your career with Abra is to connect with an Abra recruiter today!
Right the First Time...On Time. ™
Posted Date: 5/3/2019 10:43:52 AM
Requisition Number: 2019-13551
Position Type: Full Time