Grow with Abra! Come join an industry leader well on its way to being a nationwide billion dollar company. Abra Auto Body & Glass values developing our talent to help you reach your career goals! We use an operational excellence philosophy in partnership with many of the premier insurance companies. Reap the rewards of working with America’s Most Recommended Collision Brand.
The Porter is responsible for pre-washing vehicles prior to moving them into production, and cleans and details all assigned vehicles prior to final delivery to the customer. The position is also responsible for supporting management and coworkers by completing general cleaning responsibilities. The Porter contributes to delivering on Abra’s promise of speed, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Pre-Op & Repair Planning: Performs a pre-wash on vehicles prior to the actual repair process beginning. May also wash vehicles during estimating process in order to identify all damage and upsell opportunities.
- Team Engagement & Problem-Solving: Is an active and prepared participant in morning board meetings. Knows status of vehicles and helps problem-solve on getting and keeping vehicles on schedule for on-time delivery.
- Vehicle Repair: Performs a thorough detailing and cleaning of all vehicles prior to final delivery to the customer. May participate in QC process by completing the Detail and other non-repair portions of the process as listed on Abra’s QC Form.
- Miscellaneous Support Duties: Provides support by shuttling customers and vehicles, and general maintenance of repair center and outside grounds.
- Safe & Organized Workplace: Consistently utilizes all required safety equipment and follows proper repair procedures. Adheres to all requirements for hazardous waste disposal. Participates in monthly safety meetings and utilizes information on the job. Keeps detailing work area organized and returns tools, materials and equipment to designated areas.
- Preference for some experience in the automotive field
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with customers
- Must be willing to accept work direction from multiple parties and work as part of a team
- Must maintain a valid state drivers license in order to drive any customer or company vehicle
- Predictable and reliable attendance required
Because a substantial component of this position is driving a vehicle, the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is essential to this job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Periodic lifting and carrying objects over 50 pounds.
- Reaching above and below shoulder level.
- Able to push materials/parts carts and push cars (with assistance).
- Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping to detail vehicles.
- Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination to operate equipment.
- May be exposed to repetitive tasks involving hand and arm motion.
- May be required to inspect vehicles outdoors in inclement weather.
- May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, high levels of dust and noise in repair center.
Founded in 1984 in Minnesota, Abra’s dynamic market presence gives its employees an opportunity to grow their careers! As an Abra employee you will receive competitive pay plus a full benefits package including 401K!! The first step to growing your career with Abra is to connect with an Abra recruiter today!
Right the First Time...On Time. ™
Posted Date: 3/14/2019 10:00:00 AM
Requisition Number: 2019-13505
Position Type: Full Time