The Journeyman Body Technician is responsible for performing repairs to all assigned vehicles. The Journeyman Body tech will perform these repairs while following the written repair order, the company’s internal standard operating procedures, and following repair procedures provided by manufacturers. The Journeyman Body Tech will perform any/all non-structural and structural level repairs. Responsible for delivering on the company’s promise of speed, quality and customer satisfaction.
Responsible for following Industry and company approved repair procedures to restore damaged vehicles with:
- Highly damaged vehicles
- Minor and Major (0- over 8 hour) dents
- Remove/Replace stationary panels and door skins
- Perform plastic repair through adhesive or plastic welding processes
- Perform all structural repairs to include replacement of frame rails or sectioning as needed
- Replace corrosion protection
- Apply seam sealer to match OEM function and appearance
- Diagnose and replace damaged suspension and steering parts
- Set up and measure vehicles on frame racks per vendor procedures
- Set up and tune welders, conduct destructive testing on practice welds
- Corrects structural unibody & full frame misalignment using pulling equipment.
- As needed, utilizes the technical information sheet, attached to the work order for all repair work
- Actively participates in repair planning and repair vs replace decisions
- Actively participate in the repair center’s meetings to relate status of assigned vehicles and prioritize work efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Actively participates with various shop staff in problem-solving conversations to assist in keeping vehicles on schedule for on-time delivery.
- Actively participates in KPA hazardous waste and safety compliance training.
- Actively participates in maintaining I-CAR required training classes.
- Consistently follows ABRA’s quality control processes and contributes to meeting the return rate target.
- Consistently utilizes all required safety equipment, adheres to all requirements for hazardous waste disposal and participates in monthly safety meetings.
- Keep personal work area organized and returns tools, materials and equipment to designated areas.
- Performs other duties as required to successfully meet the needs of the business
A minimum of 4 years previous collision repair experience
High School Diploma or GED, I-CAR Welding Certification and EPA Certification for AC required, any additional certifications to support the Technicians ability to repair all vehicles a plus.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS / OTHER:
- Must maintain a valid state driver’s license in order to drive any customer or company vehicle.
- Expert knowledge and ability to do any autobody repair from start to finish
- Knowledge of manufacturers’ repair processes
- Ability to adherence to the company’s technical repair processes.
- Demonstrated commitment to continued learning by ongoing participation in I-CAR and other Abra or industry-required training.
- Predictable and reliable attendance required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
Position is based in a normal shop environment. Frequent physical activity such as kneeling, bending, squatting, stooping, lifting above shoulders. Repetitive tasks involving hand and arm motion and lifting objects over 50 lbs. Exposure to fumes, chemicals, dust, along with high levels of noise. Required to wear protective equipment. Must have manual dexterity to operate equipment. Subject to weather conditions both inside and outside
Posted Date: 3/1/2019 4:50:00 PM
Requisition Number: 2019-13362
Position Type: Full Time